She gets excited about new business endeavors and helping others create and grow innovative business models. Tomeico started Therapeutic Solutions just two years after graduating with a masters degree in occupational therapy from the University of NC at Chapel Hill. She has successfully grown the business for the past 16 years and has helped over 75 other business owners develop practical business skills! After completing her certificate in business coaching from NC State University, she is now formally adding business coaching and consultative services to help even more people create their dream service-oriented business!
To help health and human service professionals start and grow fun, profitable and service-oriented businesses.
To be a global leader in health and human service business consultation for specialized niche services.
I am a woman of God, a wife, a mompreneur, a runner, a poet, a writer, a speaker—let’s just say I am an occupational being, that is I love to be occupied in meaningful daily occupations. I believe I was born an entrepreneur. From as early as I can remember, I have been enthusiastic about entrepreneurial endeavors. Born to teenage parents, who later divorced, I saw entrepreneurship as a way to help out the family financially in middle school. My first business was a tutoring and babysitting business that became so lucrative that my family decided to take over it.
As an adult, my love for entrepreneurship continued to grow. In spite of the vocation I chose, I was always led back to entrepreneurship. I have been an occupational therapist since 2001, helping others participate in meaningful daily occupations in spite of disability status. After working two years as an employee in a psychiatric hospital, I started Therapeutic Solutions (www.therapeuticsolutionsofnc.com), an occupational therapy agency in 2003. My business was created for two reasons: I saw a need for occupational therapy consultative services for older persons with developmental disabilities and I needed a flexible schedule due to having a premature infant.
Therapeutic Solutions has now been in business for over 16 years offering innovative specialty services to include but not limited to, low vision rehab, mental health recovery services, home care services, domestic violence counseling and group home consultation. Therapeutic Solutions has grown the low vision division of the business from scratch with one referring provider in 2012 to currently over 150 referring eye doctors across the state, with eight therapists providing in home low vision rehab services. The low vision division is still expanding with a mission to be a a globally recognized leader with a model that can be easily replicated to serve this under-served population.
Although Therapeutic Solutions has successfully developed work in niche specialized markets, navigating the business systems of these markets has not always been easy. Therefore, I am a dedicated educator and advocate for the success of current and aspiring entrepreneurs in health and human service fields who want to serve under-served populations. I understand the frustrations that many therapists have in some traditional settings that focus on productivity and profit more than service and improving quality of life which results in less than optimal practice. I also believe that God has gifted me in the area of entrepreneurship in order to help create businesses with higher ethical standards.
As a business consultant and coach, my goal is to partner, guide and support health and human service entrepreneurs so that they can freely provide quality services in their dream businesses while still making a profit—it is possible. It is my hope that more therapists and health care providers will start more businesses that focus on serving and meeting unmet needs and I am available to help make that happen!
It can be tough starting a new business! Tomeico has affiliate agreements in place with multiple businesses that have helped make her business a success!
Do you need a:
A Billing Agency
A HIPAA compliant fax
A HIPPA compliant email system
A Financial Advisor
A Customized EMR
A Website Designer
An Insurance Agent
WE CAN HELP!
Work with the Best
Graduate of :
University of NC at Chapel Hill (BS in Radiologic Science and MS in Occupational Therapy)
The University of Alabama at Birmingham (Certificate in Low Vision Rehab)
NC State University (Certificate in Business Coaching)
- American Occupational Therapy Association (AOTA)-member since 2002
- North Carolina Occupational Therapy Association (NCOTA) –member since 2001-Mental Health Special Interest Section Chair (2002-2004); Private Practice Group Facilitator-2008
- Growing a Low Vision Practice Beyond the Solo Practitioner, September 2016 National Envision Conference, Denver, CO
- Low Vision Basics and Mental Health-web seminar-2009
- So, You Want to Start an OT Business-NCOTA presentation-2008
- Introduction to Low Vision (summer 07)-Guest Lecture at Durham Technical Community College Occupational Therapy Assistant Program
- Ten Simple Steps to Independent Contracting-Workshop held 1-2 times per year to teach therapists basics of entrepreneurship via independent contracting
- Person-Centered Planning-NCOTA presentation-2003
- Faison, Tomeico, Bailliard, Antoine, and Long-Slade, Anna. ADL cards and cultural competency using pictures to break language barriers. OT Practice. 2011; 16(10):19-21.
- Womack, Jenny, Faison, Tomeico, Faison, Hartzog, Elizabeth, Springer, Stacy and Royster, Charlotte (2009). Change agents at work: seeing and seizing opportunity. OT Practice, 14(7), (12-18).
- Faison, Tomeico. (2008). Low vision and mental health: group modules as low vision interventions in geropsychiatry. OT Practice, 13(18), (7-8).
- Vision Magazine 2014 Duke Eye Center
- OT Practice – Private Practice Interview
- UAB Low Vision Rehab Certificate Program – Featured alumni
- Therapeutic Communication Award John Umstead Psychiatric Hospital-2007
- Nova Award from NCOTA for outstanding occupational therapy service during the first five years of practice-2003-2004
- Marlys Mitchell Pioneer Award from UNC-CH Division of Occupational Science for demonstrated ability to pioneer new models of occupational therapy practice in the community- 2001
- Tina Robbins Award-UNC-CH Division of Radiologic Science for dedicated service and workethic-1998
- Annas’ Resources-Certificate for excellent job performance and longevity-1997